Internet2 Security Directory and Related Links
For more information about recent presentations,
and upcoming security-related events,
see the Internet2 Security homepage.
- Contact Us -
Salsa is an
consisting of technical
from the higher
who advise on leading
and set directions
in the security
space. Salsa is
Higher Education Information Security Council (formerly the Security Task Force),
but is independent
of both organizations.
- Salsa-DR (Disaster Planning & Recovery) Working Group
The Salsa-DR working group has been formed to explore and document recommended practices for disaster planning and recovery, especially for Higher Ed if and as those needs are distinct from those of other large enterprises.
Security Incidents - Internet2 (CSI2)
Working Group will organize activities to identify
how security incidents can be better identified and
the information about the incidents to be shared to
improve the overall security of the network and the
parties connected to the network. To this end, the
working group will publish a report identifying tools,
tool output and existing information sharing frameworks
as a background for future systems.
- DNSSEC Special Interest Group (SIG)
- Security in Middleware:
Many of the activities
in the Internet2
Middleware Initiative relate deeply to
issues of security
- Reconnections: Managing Academic
Networks With New Requirements
A number of studies have identified the inability of classic networking
approaches to respond adequately to a rapidly changing security environment.
We held a small workshop addressing this topic 25-26 October 2005 in Chicago.
Note that this was not a workshop on technologies, rather it was more focused
on architectures. It began with disruptive thoughts, considering a redesign
of internetworking that is not constrained by current approaches. From that
future vision, the discussion moved towards evolutionary steps that can
shift our approach.
- Salsa - Network Operational Security Exercises
In order to ensure continuous evaluation and improvement
in Internet2's operational practices, a recurring set
of exercises have been initiated.
- DNSSEC: Internet2 has formed a dot-edu advisory group on adopting DNSSEC, with participants from Educause, MIT, University of Oregon, REN-ISAC, University of Massachusetts, University of Pennsylvania, University of California-Berkeley, NYSERNet, MERIT, and others. Members of the group have begun a cross-signing project, in which they will sign at least one of their zones and exchange trust anchors in order to be able to mutually validate their DNS records. Several have already signed zones in a limited, test environment and others are preparing to do so.
NetGuru is a periodic meeting of senior network and security engineers, a forum to engage in a freewheeling discussion of timely topics.
|Other Internet2 Security-Related Groups
|Papers, Presentations, and Publications
|NOTE WELL: All Internet2
activities are governed
by the Internet2